There are no medals for being a parent, which seems pretty unfair given the hours we put in. When I worked for magazines in London, I used to attend glitzy annual award dinners where gongs were handed out to the best writers, editors, and designers. Celebrities used to be drafted in to hand out the awards, champagne was free flowing, and it gave us all an excuse to shop for a new frock. So where’s my award ceremony now?
As always with this parenting lark, we have to look after ourselves. So I have rounded up a selection of purchases to celebrate the endless cycle of hard work. Wear or display them with pride, mamas – it’s time to show off how good we are at our jobs!
1. Name necklace, $55, including shipping to UK (about £32), Gage Huntley (click here)
2. Baby scan frame, £22, Not on the High Street (click here)
3. Bespoke photo tote bag, £250, Anya Hindmarch (click here)
4. Instagram iPhone Case, £21.99, Sticky9 (click here)
5. Personalised Beatrix Potter Print, £14.99, Art You Grew Up at Selfridges (click here)
6. Personalised Baby Birth Hoop Frame, £12.50, Not on the Highstreet (click here)
7. Name bunting, £20, Etsy (click here)
8. Photo cushions, £15, Asda (click here)
9. Initial stud earrings, £8.46, Etsy (click here)