Somebody asked me what my favourite time of year was recently and I instinctively replied ‘summer’ – but I think I got it wrong. On reflection, spring is my favourite time of year. I love the candyfloss-pink blossom, the milder temperatures, the lighter mornings and evenings, and (most importantly) the fact that the kids are at school and we still have some kind of structure to our lives… Summer is lovely, but that long stretch of school holiday does push my parenting skills and my patience, so I am going to make the most of these lovely spring days and the routine that comes with it, so I have the energy to take on three kids 24/7 when the time arrives 😉 And in the meantime, here are a few things I have have been loving or coveting over recent weeks.
- Fy Print. I love this print for a little girl’s room – and I am sure that Mabel would concur! It costs from £19 in various different sizes here.
- Alex Monroe. I’ve fallen in love with the floral alphabet collection at Alex Monroe. Each necklace is available in either silver or gold, with prices starting at £105 here.
- GAP. These coral daisy-shaped sunglasses are high up my wish list for Mabel for summer. And they’re just £6 here.
- Mothercare. I love this T-Shirt and will definitely be snapping it up for Wilfred’s wardrobe. It’s available in sizes 3 months to 6 years – and starts at just £5.50 here.
- Mothercare. These rainbow sandals are so popular they’re flying off the shelves – and it’s no wonder with such a stylish design and £14.50 price tag. There are a few sizes left online here – or find them in store.
- The Alex Edit. I’m in love with this scarf with its soft grey hue and pop of neon coral for spring and I’m wearing it every day! It’s £18 and available here.
- Chilly’s. The compact, double-walled coffee cups by Chilly’s keep coffee warm for hours – no exaggeration, mine is often still too hot to drink after half an hour (I am not a fan of steaming coffee!) I’m coveting this 240ml baby pink version for £20 at Amazon here.
- The Flat Share by Beth O’Leary. The best thing I’ve read in ages! Available in paperback for £7.03, Kindle for £6.49, or via Audible as an audiobook here
- La Redoute. Just looking at these sweet star-print baby joggers is making me broody… Available from 1 month to 3 years for just £12 here.
- Cath Kidston. I’m loving the new floral initial keyrings by Cath Kidston – both for car keys and for hanging on school bags. They are £10 each here.
- H&M. If you haven’t yet discovered it, the online exclusive baby range at H&M is well worth a browse. Such simple, lovely pieces, in the gentlest fabrics and most delicate prints. This romper is my favourite at just £12.99. It also comes in a nearly-sold-out ditsy floral yellow – and both are here
- Boden. These woven bonnets are perfect for baby girls for the summer. I would’ve snapped one up in an instant if Mabel was still small. They’re £16 here
- Baby Annabel. Baby Annabell My First is a great starter doll for little people, with its soft body. The brand kindly sent one to Mabel and she’s enjoying carrying him around the house and cooking for him at her play kitchen. Available here.
- Yeti in my Spaghetti. Lay the yeti on top of the spaghetti – and then pull out a strand carefully in the hope he doesn’t fall through. Wilfred loves this game and it fills the house with laughter when the Yeti falls. Available here.
Some of these links are affiliate links
With thanks to Smyth Toys for sending Mabel a ‘Baby Annabel’ and Wilfred ‘Yeti in my Spaghetti’
With thanks to The Alex Edit for sending me the beautiful scarf to wear this sping