It’s October and the kids are off on half-term, so I am going to keep this introduction brief – but I will just say that this really is my favourite time of the year and think there’s been some kind of serious mistake with the weather. Maybe someone switched the wrong switch up there? But I’m not complaining; it’s great – and it’s making me look forward to the cold, cosy months ahead (and Christmas, of course, if I am allowed to utter the word…) I hope you enjoy my selection this month – and I will be back with another pick in November.
- Next. This coral sweatshirt (from £8) is in the boys’ autumn collection at Next, although it would work very well for either gender. The perfect way to brighten up an outfit! Shop here.
- Next. Also at Next, I’ve fallen in love with these sand coloured boots for the boys, complete with their very own lion! There’s also khaki and black dinosaurs in the collection (from £23). Shop here.
- Blueberry Boo Kids. How cool are the new ‘Maker’ enamel pin badges from Blueberry Boo Kids (£7.50)?! Available in Boys and Girls, they’d look great worn on a plain-coloured sweatshirt or jumper – or pinned onto a winter scarf. Shop here.
- Trilogy Skincare. I used to swear by Trilogy products when I was a beauty journalist – and it was a real joy to rediscover them recently. I love the gentle, botanical ingredients (including lashings of rosehip oil) – and my skin seems to love them too. Shop here.
- Oliver Bonas. I’d fill my entire house with nothing but Oliver Bonas if I could, so I’m always quick to click onto their new collections when they launch – and this Tiger Scented Candle (Bergamot and Rose) has definitely caught my eye (£23). I’d burn the candle and then use the tiger to keep trinkets on my dressing table. Shop here.
- Marks & Spencer. M&S has launched lots of initial gift items for Christmas – and this mug in an ‘L’ will definitely be on my wish-list (£6). Shop here.
- Not on the Highstreet. If I was lucky enough to own one of these personalised embroidered hoop signs by Make & Mend, I’d prop it up on the fireplace when I decorated for Christmas – and then I’d pull it out every year and do the same (£38). Shop here.
- Alcatel. You will have heard me talk about the Alcatel 3V over recent weeks – and having tried it out, I still can’t believe it has a price tag under £100. It has a crystal-clear 6-inch screen, a really very good 12 megapixel camera, and some fab features like facial recognition unlocking. It’s really user-friendly and comes in a choice of black or gold. Such a bargain for a high quality smartphone! Shop here.
- Marks & Spencer. I can’t get enough of leopard print dresses – and this pink number would be so versatile, dressed up with heels or down with tights, boots and knitwear (£49.50). Shop here.
- Boden. I adore these supersoft leather baby shoes, available in hot pink, tan, or navy (£24). I wish they’d been around when Mabel was taking her first steps! Shop here.
- Jellycat. I spotted this octopus while browsing recently and fell in love (£20)! Such a unique, but very sweet soft toy to have sitting on a nursery shelf. And SO soft too! Shop here.
- From Mum With Love. I can’t write a ‘Currently Loving’ in the month my very own book goes into pre-order and not mention it – so here is a quick plug for my very first novel! It’s all about a mum, living in London, who decides to start a blog – and the roller-coaster of events that follow. You can pre-order it for just £1 on digital download here (and it will be available in February). Pre-order here.
- Stories For Kids That Dare To Be Different. You may have heard me mention ‘Stories for Boys That Dare To Be Different’ a while ago – and this book is the second in the series. It’s just very, very wonderful and every child should get the chance to read it (at time of writing, reduced to £13, from £20). Shop here.
- Pop Reads. Each of these books is based on a different song – with the lyrics beautifully illustrated inside. They are perfect for parents that want to pass on a love of music to their children – I have ‘Perfect Day’ and ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day’ on my wish-list for the kids! Get your hands on the books (from £7) and accompanying soundtracks by supporting the Kickstarter here.
- Oliver Bonas. It’s nearly time for wrapping up warm in scarves – and this rainbow / leopard print beauty from Oliver Bonas is top of my ‘to buy’ list (£28)! Shop here.
Written in collaboration with Alcatel Mobile
Some links included are affiliate