Sorry summer, but autumn has stolen my heart. When the weather is crisp and sunny, with the most beautiful views over the countryside, I think it’s the best season by far. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed watching the trees change colour last year – and I’m getting all excited about cosy weekends, wrapping the kids up warm, and kicking our way through leaves (I know it’s clichéd, but after 9 years in the desert, it’s going to take a while to get over the novelty of it). So here are my top picks for September – and I hope you enjoy a dose of autumn as you have a read…
- H&M. I’m definitely treating myself to a pink coat this year – and this number by H&M is top of my wish list. I just love the colour and the cut, which will look equally good dressed down with jeans and dressed up with dresses and heels. Shop here.
- New Look at ASOS. I’ve always loved a bit of leopard print, so the fact it’s autumn’s biggest trend is very exciting – and I have my eyes on these affordable New Look boots, available at ASOS (and currently on sale!) Shop here.
- H&M. There’s lots I like about these cool high top trainers for boys – but I think it’s the cosy pile lining that seals the deal, keeping their feet snug as the cooler weather arrives. Shop here.
- Love Roo. If you have a little person in tow this autumn, why not treat them to a beautiful fleece-lined winter bonnet by handmade business Love Roo? My pick is the wolf cub – but the fox cub comes a close second. Shop here.
- Sheepers. I’ve had my eyes on a pair of Sheepers slippers since I spotted them on feet across Instagram last Christmas – and with the cooler weather rolling in again, I have the perfect excuse to invest. Shop here.
- Blueberry Boo Kids. Treat coffee lovers to their very own pumpkin spice travel mug, making their consumption eco-friendly this autumn. Shop here.
- Not on the HIghstreet. If you were planning to buy your little one (or another lucky little person) a sit-on rocker, I don’t think you’re going to beat this foxy design. I just love it! Shop here.
- Essie. The new season colours from Essie are high on my wish list this month – and this dusty, autumnal red/pink is definitely going on my nails. The shade is called ‘Stop Drop & Shop’ – and it’s the perfect thing to team up with cosy knits as the weather draws in. Shop here.
- La Redoute. I love this khaki-coloured parka with tiny gold stars from La Redoute – and think I’ll be snapping it up for Mabel’s autumn wardrobe. Shop here.
- La Coqueta. I’ve fallen head over heels for the beautiful dresses from the brand La Coqueta. Mabel wore a floral white and blue dress from their collection at her second birthday party and everything about it was gorgeous – the cut, the print, the fabric, and the colours. Such a lovely, traditional brand for little girls – for every day wear with knitted cardigans or for special occasions. Shop here.
- Zara Kids. Zara Kids is my go-to brand for basic knitwear for all three of my children. I love the fact it’s so warm and stylish, but with very low price points. Shop here.
- Hush. I love the simplicity of this delicate star necklace from Hush, which will add a subtle flash of metallic to your outfit. Shop here.
- Cath Kidston. There’s always a mug in my ‘Currently Loving’ – can you tell how much I rely on a good cup of coffee? This fox design by Cath Kidston seems like the perfect way to swig it over the coming months. Shop here.
- H&M. It’s time to cosy up – and these dinosaur-print joggers from H&M would be a very cool way to do it. I just wish they made them for adults… Shop here.
- Next. Talking of knitwear, I know it’s probably a totally impractical colour for boys, but I can’t wait to see them wearing this chunky ecru jumper this autumn. There’s something very lovely about a simple ecru knit, worn with denim jeans and sandy boots. Shop here.
- Boden. Boden release different colours of their best-selling Cosy Cardigan every season – and I’m a bit besotted with this dusty pink version for autumn. I can’t wait to see Mabel wearing it over floaty tops and leggings. Shop here.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links.